Because this blog has just been a little side project, I pushed it to the side for a while. But today my friend mentioned it to me and made me realize that it’s been almost 6 months already since my last post! I have a reason for that: I’m going to grad school!!! Okay, not that it’s really that big of a deal or anything (I mean, to me it’s not, but to others it might be).
Bad pic, but, me being sneaky w photobooth last week in class lol
I’m in a program that has a new class every month, and right now I’m in my 6th class. I’m already 25% done with my courses! So crazy to think that I’ve been in my program this long already. But I’m really enjoying it and loving what I am learning. I also think that it has been such a great challenge for me and I can see so much of my own personal growth.
Thing I’ve learned thus far while getting my master’s:
1. It’s o k a y to have feelings!! Talk about ’em! Validate others and support them! Wooo feelings!
2. I really love having “intellectual conversations” with people. I love talking school and academics and career choices, etc. with my friends.
3. I don’t know how exactly yet, but I want to work with kids!
4. It’s so beneficial to look at things from multiple perspectives instead of being stuck in your own ways.
5. That being said, be. aware. of. culture. And avoid judgments.
6. Be cautious of what you post on social media, lol. This is part of the reason why I haven’t bothered to update my blog 😦
7. Talking to new people isn’t as scary as I thought it was. However, as with other things, it’s a process lol
I’ll probably update again soon, but just wanted to put this out there 🙂
P.S. Hi Megan!
Last Friday, as I was checking my subscription box on YouTube to see who posted a new video, I stumbled upon this video from JacksGap featuring JP Cooper, a musician from Manchester, UK:
This is the first time I’ve heard of JP and let me just say he has one of the best voices I’ve heard in ages! As I was listening, I was literally like “holy sh*t” lol I was really blown away.
This video is a part of JacksGap’s “Shed Sessions” series, which they post on their channel, but you can also listen to them here.
To find more JP, click here.
Hope you’re having a great Monday!
I met my best friend Kristine at the tender age of 6, making this year our 16th year of friendship (!!!). How crazy is that? So much good radiates from her that I could talk about for hours, but one thing I’ve been fascinated over lately are the photos she’s been posting on her VSCO Grid. Taking photos clearly has become one of her hobbies and I think she’s pretty good at it! She may not be a professional photographer, but I’d say her photos are up to par:
It’s been a couple months since my trip to Seattle, but to be honest I’ve just had so many other things on my mind that I haven’t even had the time or energy to write this post (it’s okay, though, cuz I just found out today that I’ve been accepted into my grad program!! Yippeeee!) But today felt like a good day to finally post about my trip. It’s the first day in what seems like forever that it’s cooled off in SoCal and the clouds lingered all day (with some patches of sun). Very reminiscent of Seattle weather, but don’t worry, it’ll heat up again in a week’s time. Sigh.
Anyways, I flew to Seattle for a couple of days with my friends Danielle and Mary Ann and I fell in love with it! We actually went at a time where it was still pretty warm, but we *did* experience a bit of a sprinkle on our mile walk through Downtown.
Hi all! Some little updates before I get to the snapshots:
- I’m in the process of applying to a grad program *crosses fingers
- Becuz of this, I’ve been getting too anxious to the point where I can’t go back to sleep if I wake up in the middle of the night
- Am I overreacting? Whatever lol
- On the plus side, I am going on a short trip to Seattle in 10 days! Excited for that!
- And next month is the One Direction concert!
- So much to look forward to, so I’m trying to remain calm and optimistic. Yup.
Okay. Now that that’s out of my system, here’s what I’ve been up to the past month 🙂
The door outside the local REI lol I thought it was nice. (Hi sister) Continue reading